Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day, 2010

The weather is kind today. We are enjoying 80 deg with a light wind. Last year it was quite cold.  The warmer weather this week has brought out the pollen allergies. Closed windows and air conditioning when we should be enjoying the fresh air.The cooler weather will rush in during the night and plunge the thermomenter to  about 40 deg. On again, off again go the sweaters.

Nothing special happens for us on holidays anymore. I  almost dread the dates. R is getting too decrepit to travel by car anymore and we are usually stuck going through the same living pattern on the Day as we do the days before. Fortunately we have one son visiting from NYC and the other living nearby, so all is not lost. I often long for their being  kids again,and that'll occur when our grandbaby Henry grows older, as we do ourselves. I wonder if we'll be too old to romp with him in play or walk him around the park, pull him in the red wagon that sits waiting for him to age a few years?

Despite my darkness I hope the reader is blinded by the light of children laughing, playing, friends and family hollering, chatting and having a reunion of a good time. We have a lot more to be thankful for than what I've mentioned in words. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

1 comment:

20th Century Woman said...

It snowed all day on Thanksgiving here. We had a quiet party of 7. I have decided that I will not cook another Thanksgiving dinner. From now on I will go somewhere else.